Friday, June 14, 2013

Day Twenty-Four:

Day 24: Something You've Learned

I've learned that moving forward is the sometimes the only thing you can do to fix a problem.


I've learned that there is so much that I don't know, and that I will never know, and the more I learn, the more I am aware of how much more there is to know.  That sounds like a tongue twister. 


I've learned that passion is a prerequisite to happiness. 


I've learned that you have to tend to friendships just as you would a garden. You can never neglect them or they will begin to wither. 


I've learned that every place has something redeeming to offer, no matter how bad you may think it is initially. 


I've learned that reading is an excellent way to induce clear thinking. So is walking or running outside. 


I've learned that animals can be the best of friends, sometimes better than humans. 


I've learned that a child's innocence, imagination and playfulness are treasures and should be kept intact for as long as possible. 


I've learned that loyalty to one's family and friends is far more important than loyalty to a political party. 


I've learned that eating well and eating amongst friends is one of the best things in life. 


I've learned that coffee in the morning can make things feel a little easier. 


I've learned that it doesn't really matter how old you feel on the inside...your body will begin to let you know how old you really are on the outside and there's nothing you can really do about it. 


I've learned that it's okay to break rules if it serves for a better purpose. 


I've learned that history repeats itself in the most moronic ways and we are constantly having to relearn the same lessons over and over again. 

I've learned that life is all about learning. Discovering your world and yourself is the point of it all. 

Photo by: Andrea Hempel
 


No comments:

Post a Comment