Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day Ten:

Day 10: Something You're Afraid Of

I'm afraid of the Coulda Shoulda Woulda Monster.

I'm afraid of being at the end of this road and not having done what I could've, what I should've. All those things left undid, unsaid. All those dreams still floating in my head. 

I'm afraid of being an old lady and wishing I could go climb that mountain, but being remorseful because, alas, it is too late. 

It's not so much death that I'm afraid of, or being old. It's the life unlived. Not having flown. Clipping my own wings because of fear. Fear of failure, fear of making mistakes, fear of making the wrong choices, fear of making a fool of myself. 


"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." 
- Jim Morrison 

 My greatest fear is regret, and more specifically dying with regret. 

How's that for an uplifting blog post??!! 

But there's always a silver lining, right? Acknowledging fear, just as the quote mentions, is a step towards freedom. Knowing that I fear this has given me the motivation to get out and do those things that I will regret not doing. 










No comments:

Post a Comment